Remote Learning Environment
SQLSoft’s utilizes GoToMeeting, Skillpipe, and Xtreme labs to deliver courses to your home or office. During class you will:
- View the Instructor’s Presentation: Using GoToMeeting, you can see the instructor’s desktop as he or she steps you through demonstrations or displays PowerPoint presentations.
- Listen and Ask Questions: Using GoToMeeting, you can listen to the instructor, raise your hand, ask the instructor a question or send him or her an Instant Message to prompt a discussion.
- Hands-on Labs: Using Xtreme hosted labs you will access the lab computers in a virtualized environment 24×7 and for 6 months after class in most cases.
- Get Lab Help: The instructor is able to access to your lab session and take control if you need more help. You can watch and discuss what’s happening with the instructor.
- Have Face-to-Face Interaction: Your instructor will be visible during class in your GoToMeeting session and you can choose to enable a web camera at your end if you want; or not if you’re a little camera shy.
During your class you will be utilizing a high-speed internet connection, headset, and three browser sessions to attend training; one for the instructor presentation, a second for viewing courseware, and the third to access your hands-on labs. Typically, you will be managing two browser windows at a time; the instructor presentation and your courseware OR your courseware and lab session. The overwhelming feedback from our students is that a computer that supports two monitors or one computer for lecture and labs and one tablet for courseware is the preferred configuration.
In some cases corporate firewalls may not allow the use of the GoToMeeting full client but that is usually remedied by using the GoToMeeting web client which provides all of the functionality needed to participate in class.
- High-speed internet connection (DSL or better)
- Computer supporting two monitors or a computer and a tablet
- USB Headset (preferred) or Mic and Speakers recognized by GoToMeeting
Simple GoToMeeting Test
- To test your connection from a computer or mobile device, join the test session using the following URL: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/406552062.
- You will automatically be launched into session.
- If you see a “Waiting for Organizer” message, you’ve successfully joined the test session. You should be able to join GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining sessions from this computer. Close the “Waiting for Organizer” dialog to exit the test session.
- Desktop users – If you have not yet installed the GoToMeeting desktop application, the download will automatically begin. See Install on Windows or Install on Mac for more information.
- Mobile users – If you have not yet installed the GoToMeeting app, you will be directed to the app store to download it.
Simple Xtreme Lab test
- Browse to the URL http://labs.xtremeconsulting.com/msldemo using a browser that supports HTML5. Note: It may take up to a minute to load the lab.
- Hover over the demo tile and click on the “Take Lab” button
- You will see a “Loading Lab…” message while the servers are all being provisioned
- When the lab is finished loading you will be able to click the Start button, switch between machines, and generally hack around
Note: If you’re having difficulties launching or getting around in the labs please view the System Requirement or contact Xtreme at 800-239-7051 12am – 6pm PST Monday-Friday, 9am – 6pm PST Sunday
- GoToMeeting System Requirements for Attendees
- GoToMeeting Test your Connection
- Skillpipe Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)