Workshop 40511 – Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Continuous Delivery in VSTS and Azure
About this workshop
Set up and configure Continuous Delivery within Azure using a combination of Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Students will do this throughout the use of a new VSTS project, Git repository for source control, and an ARM template for Azure resource deployment and configuration management.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Workshop and At Workshop Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At workshop completion
Students will be better able to build templates to automate cloud infrastructure and reduce error-prone manual processes. In addition,
- Create an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Template to provision Azure resources
- Configure Continuous Delivery with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Configure Application Insights into an application
- Create a Visual Studio Team Services project and Git repository
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – Continuous delivery with VSTS and Azure
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – Continuous delivery with VSTS and Azure
- Create an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template that can provision the web application, SQL database
- Create a Visual Studio Team Services team project and Git Repository
- Create Visual Studio Team Services build definition
- Create Visual Studio Team Services release pipeline
- Trigger a build and release
- Create a feature branch and submit a pull request
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students minimally take this prerequisite course prior to attending this workshop.
Other courses that provide deeper prerequisite skills include