Workshop 40506 – Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Lift and Shift/Azure Resource Manager
About this workshop
Migrate a global publisher architect on-premises procurement system into Azure, map dependencies onto Azure IaaS VMs, and provide the end-state design and the high level steps to get there.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Workshop and At Workshop Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At workshop completion
Students will be better able to migrate and enable easy deployment for lift and shift capabilities. In addition,
- Build and deploy complex infrastructure solutions with Azure Resource Manager templates
- Work with Azure Automation DSC for deploying server configurations
- Scale existing templatized deployments leveraging VM Scale Sets
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – Lift and Shift
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – Azure Resource Manager
- Configure Automation Account
- Define the network foundation
- Extend with compute
- Lock down the environment
- Scale out the deployment
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students minimally take this prerequisite course prior to attending this workshop.
Other courses that provide deeper prerequisite skills include